Norths Chess is again closed. See the calendar below for our events.
The situation remains fluid though and your committee will keep monitoring Government regulations and our host's instructions. Plus take note of our protocols regarding safe practices, personal hygiene and social distancing to help keep yourself and others COVID-19 safe.
We are still running our chess.com tournaments. Access is for members of Norths Chess so first go to www.northsydneychess.org/about-us/membership
to join and contact email@example.com for instructions on how to find it.
Chess is a game that requires touching shared objects and surfaces, and physical proximity. Attendees of Norths Chess Club meetings must therefore take care for their own and others' wellbeing.
Visitors to Norths Leagues Club are required to register on entry, and we encourage you to have the CovidSafe app on your mobile phone. Visitors must comply with the COVID-19 safety plans and instructions of of Norths Leagues Club.
At the club the following rules will apply
1. Do not attend if you
* have been overseas or in a COVID-19 hotspot in the last two weeks
* have a fever, cough, cold or other signs of illness
* have been in contact with a COVID-19 positive person until you have had a negative test
* are awaiting the result of a COVID-19 test for yourself or a close contact.
2. Wash/cleanse your hands before and after a game, and as needed during a game. If possible bring your own hand sanitiser and use it before touching your face and after touching your face. The chess club will have hand sanitiser only at the entrance of the playing area.
If coughing or sneezing, cover your nose and mouth with flexed elbow or a paper tissue. Dispose of tissues hygienically, eg in closed bins. Wash/cleanse your hands before touching shared objects and surfaces.
3. Maintain physical distancing of 1.5 metres from another person. Do not shake hands or have any physical contact with another person other than those in your own household.
4. During play:
- At the commencement of the session players’ chairs will be set 1.5 metres apart. Players should try to maintain as much distance from their opponent as practically possible during the game. Respect the personal space of your opponent.
- If observing a game, stay at least 1.5 metres from the players and their equipment, and from other observers
- More than one game may be required to be played during the session. Should that lead to any item of equipment being handled by more than two players, the Director of Play will determine any additional equipment sanitation protocols required
5. Parents must supervise their children at all times and ensure they are following these measures.
6. You are welcome to use your own standards above these, such as wearing a face mask or gloves.