Ford-Greenwood Seniors Open 2023
FIDE and ACF rated
Congratulations Ford-Greenwood Seniors Champion Ton Luchtmeijer and other prize winners:
1st: Ton Luchtmeijer, 2nd: Bruce Murray, =3rd: Peter Abbott & Rob Waton
75 or over: Paul Glissan
Rating group A: David Cook
Rating group B: Paul Pilowsky
Tournament Information and Rules
Location: Norths (formerly North Sydney Leagues Club), cnr Abbott & Palmer Streets, Cammeray.
Format: 9 round Swiss (Dutch), with pairings by Vega.
Time: Games start at 7.30 pm. Schedule:Tuesdays from 30 May to 8 August (rounds may be reduced in case of venue unavailability).
Eligibility: Open to all players born in 1963 or earlier. Players who are not Australian citizens or permanent residents must have a FIDE ID.
Entry Fees: Norths Chess Club members $25; non-members $35. GM, WGM, IM and WIM free.
Prizes: 1st: $150; 2nd: $100; 3rd: $50; Aged 75+: $50; Rating group A: $50; Rating group B: $50; Unrated: $25
Ratings: Results will be submitted for inclusion in the ACF Classic and FIDE Standard rating lists. A player's tournament rating will be determined using the following hierarchy:
- ACF Classic
- FIDE Standard
Players without any of these ratings will be considered to be unrated.
Time Control: All moves in 90 minutes + 30 seconds (Fischer) increment per move from move 1.
Byes and forfets:
- Postponements are not permitted. However, up to two half-point byes may be requested for rounds 1-7. Notice to the arbiter must be received by midday on the Sunday prior to the round.
- Forfeiture time is 60 minutes after the commencement of the round (at the Arbiter’s discretion).
- If you won't make it to a round, you must inform the organisers. Your opponents make an effort to come to the club expecting to play a game, some travelling a long way and by public transport. Making them wait for you to not arrive is impolite and against our club ethos. The club email and 0414 793 791 are monitored up to the start of play.
- Requests for a half-point bye must be submitted (by emailing email@example.com or message/call 0414 793 791 no later than midday on the Sunday immediately preceding the round.
- Players who cause clock forfeits will be excluded from the following round. Players doing so twice in a tournament will be removed from the remaining rounds and entry to other events may be refused.
Rules: The FIDE Laws of Chess apply.
Draw: The provisional draw will be published on the Sunday evening prior to each round.
Tiebreaks: In the event of ties, prize monies will be shared. The rank order will be determined by applying the following tiebreaks in descending order:
1. Direct encounter
2. Buchholtz Cut 1
3. Average Rating of Opponents Cut 1
Arbiter: Rob Watson
- Players are eligible for one prize only.
- Unrated and age prizes awarded only if there are at least 3 players in the category.
- Rating prizes are awarded based on a player's tournament rating. Players without a tournament rating are considered to be unrated and are ineligible for rating prizes.
- Rating Group A and B are the players in the 2nd and 3rd thirds of the rated players (e.g. if there are 30 rated players, Rating Groups A and B include the 11th-20th and 21st-30th rated players respectively).
Appeals panel: TBA
Entries close: Entries must be received by 28 May. Late entries will be accepted at the arbiter's discretion, with up to two byes automatically allocated for missed rounds.
Entry: To enter CLICK HERE
to complete THE ON LINE FORM. If not paid online, cheques and money orders make payable to Norths Chess Club. Entry payment is accepted at club meetings or make a bank transfer to Norths Chess Club, BSB 062 181, Account number 1044 1917 (use your name and Senior in the reference).
CLICK HERE FOR PAST RESULTS